Sunday, March 21, 2010

Political Messages

I just sent this to someone who's getting a lot of attention right now:
Rep. Stupak,

Please inform your "bloc" of supporters in the House that I am going to be directing my political donations in 2010 to your and their primary opponents and to political action committees which support both health care and a woman's right to control her own body.

At this point I don't actually care whether you support the present bill or not, though it may affect the amounts that I'm willing to give.

No, I'm not a constituent. I live in a district represented by a callow and useless Republican. I depend on the Democratic Party, which I've supported quite faithfully in the past, to represent my views even though I live in a district which is hostile to them.

You, sir, and your allies are failures as Democrats.

Sincerely,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.


Anne
annezook.com