Saturday, June 28, 2008

Comment Elsewhere: Ballot-rigging warning shot

In response to “McCain Predicts ‘Underdog’ Win in Final 48 Hours” (warning: Fox News. via) I wrote:
So, he's basically saying that the election will be stolen: there'll be no polls showing him in the lead, because he'll be losing by all accounts, and the vote-rigging operation will do the rest. There's no other reason I can think of to start pushing this kind of narrative now, instead of actually campaigning on issues like a real leader.

Paper ballots, please!
Oddly, however, my comment doesn't seem to be actually going through..... (it could have something to do with currently being on dial-up, or with Firefox.... or it might not.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've noticed this particularly in discussions about Ohio. What's sad to me is that people seem to be actually resigned to a disputed election. There seems to be no public sentiment that we need better and, yes, as you said, paper ballots.

After the last 2 elections I would expect a solid push in that direction from Democrats, but it's not happening.