Monday, April 03, 2006

Oh, well...

Seen the New York Times redesign? I think it's time for me to switch to the Washington Post (switch back, actually, because I grew up reading it). I'd been reading the NYT after their "Times Select" switchover mostly because I was so used to their front page that I could find information quickly: that's gone. Also, I tend to read with partial windows, not maximized ones, and the new design is so wide -- and will not resize properly -- that I can't actually see the whole page at once.

Plus the Post has those cool trackbacks....

6 comments:

Sour Duck said...

NYT bugs the living daylights out of me. SF Chronicle - all the way!!!

:D ;)

Ahistoricality said...

I used to read the Chronicle, during my Western sojourn. Decent paper, to be sure, though I had a bad experience with their Letters section: I wrote something trying to make light of the way in which "liberal" was becoming a dirty word by writing it as "L------" and when they printed it, they'd filled it in as "lesbian" (which, since I was referring to Michael Dukakis, didn't make any sense). Only in SF?

The Chainik Hocker said...

I read the New York Sun and the Daily News.

The Sun for the op-ed page.

The News for the comics section.

I get my news from Topix.net

Ahistoricality said...

I'm not in NY, so the other NY papers don't really appeal to me all that much. I've got a local paper, but the national/international coverage stinks; that's what I check out the online sources for (also NPR, which really serves as my first choice for almost all news).

Anonymous said...

I did try to fight my way through the NYTimes site but for something that looks so simple, it's strangely hard to navigate.

I had very little time to spare and when I couldn't find a link to their "Washington" section after a couple of minutes of looking, I gave up.

Not that crazy about the CNN redesign, either.

Anne
http://annezook.com

Ahistoricality said...

I think I'm going to follow MochiTsuki's lead and let the WaPo e-mail service help me shift my reading in that direction.